Search all Kimbel Library ebooks:
E-Books at Kimbel Library
Kimbel Library provides access to over thousands of academic ebooks for CCU users. But unlike ebooks that you buy and download to your personal ereader or mobile device, ebooks accessed through Kimbel Libarary may have some restrictions.
Just as journal articles are found on different platforms, the library has ebooks on several (10 and counting) platforms, and each platform has it's own set of rules for reading, printing, and downloading. Some platforms require to you to "check out" a book to download it for offline reading. Some allow only one user at a time (so a book may be in use when you need it.)
This guide will:
- Provide a summary of the library's ebook platforms in grid format
- Give an overview of our ebook collections
- Help you use ebooks from EBSCO and ebrary
- Direct you to some free ebook sites (beyond Google Books)
- Troubleshoot issues with ebook use,
Why Use Ebooks?
- Ebooks are available 24/7 from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Most ebooks allow more than one person to use them at the same time.
- Ebooks have no overdue fines or replacement costs.
- The library purchases ebooks recommended by faculty.
- Kimbel Library has ebooks from notable publishers like Duke University Press, Oxford, Springer and the American Nurses Association.
- Ebooks are available through the library’s catalog just like regular books.
- You can search for content within ebooks to locate information quickly.
- You can download chapters or sections for offline reading.
- Ebooks allow you to expand the font size or change the page layout. Some ebooks allow you to have the computer read them to you.