E-Books at Kimbel Library
Kimbel Library provides access to thousands of ebooks for CCU users. But unlike ebooks that you buy and download to your personal ereader or mobile device, ebooks accessed through Kimbel Libarary have different restrictions.
Just as journal articles are found on different platforms, the library has ebooks on several (10 and counting) platforms, and each platform has it's own set of rules for reading, printing, and downloading. Some platforms require to you to check out a book to download it. Some allow only one user at a time (so a book may be in use when you need it.)
This guide will:
- Give an overview of ebooks available through Kimbel Library.
- Help you print, save, and download all or parts of an ebook.
- Help you use ebooks on a mobile device.
- Help you check-out Ebooks on EBSCO and ebrary books.
- Direct you to some free ebook sites.
- Troubleshoot any issues you may have with library ebooks.
Why Use Ebooks?
- Ebooks are available 24/7 from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Most ebooks allow more than one person to use them at the same time.
- Ebooks have no overdue fines or replacement costs.
- The library purchases ebooks recommended by faculty.
- Kimbel Library has ebooks from notable publishers like Duke University Press, Oxford, Springer and the American Nurses Association.
- Ebooks are available through the library’s catalog just like regular books.
- You can search for content within ebooks to locate information quickly.
- You can download chapters or sections for offline reading.
- Ebooks allow you to expand the font size or change the page layout. Some ebooks allow you to have the computer read them to you.